Turn Routines Into Rituals
Love them or hate them we all have routines.
Morning routines, evening routines, getting to school or work routines, routines for ourselves, routines for our families. More often than not routines can start to feel like groundhog day – the same thing day in, day out.
But I might just have a solution for you!
Turning these routines into rituals can change the way you feel about these sometimes boring routines and can mean you’re sneakily bringing some self care habits into your day.
Take for example your morning routine. Now I know every household and every family is different with different needs, but lets look at a fairly standard, basic morning routine. We get up, have a shower, get dressed, get the kids up, dress them, make breakfast for the kids (probably don’t have time for our own breakfast), have a coffee, race out the door to get to school and/or work. And repeat this 5 days a week. Eeek!!
Now what about if we made a few small additions that didn’t take much time or energy and meant that everyday you were giving yourself some self care and some self love?
Here’s a few tips that I often use (not every day) that you might like to incorporate into your morning routine –
- Before jumping out of bed in the morning spend around 30 seconds visualizing our day and setting an intention for that day.
- While in the shower take a moment to be grateful for just 1 positive thing in your life.
- Before you get dressed, give yourself and amazing body boost using a chemical free body lotion or oil with a few drops of your favourite Essential Oil and a few sprays of Magnesium Health Spray, this only takes 30 seconds to rub all over the body focusing your attention on how incredible your body truly is.
- Once everyone is up and dressed light a candle or turn on your vapouriser in the kitchen/living area. Candles help me to stay present and mindful and can be very useful in the mornings when things are usually busy and rushed.
- When you make breakfast for the kids actually make some for yourself too!
By just taking a few extra moments throughout your morning you have just added in some self care rituals to start your day and instead of the busy morning being about everyone else, you have now very easily included a few moments for yourself! How cool is that?!
Why not try just one tomorrow morning and see how it feels? You just never know how much that one small change can make to your day and the way you feel. I would love to hear how you go in the comments below.
My favourite chemical free, organic skincare and essential oils are Twenty8. Twenty8 is a 100% natural range of natural skincare, pure essential oils and essential oil blends that are free from all synthetic chemicals, preservatives and fragrances. You can view and purchase the full range here.